Mongolian Celebration from Todd Hansen on Vimeo.
This past week, was filled with different celebrations. It was exciting to be a part of them. I got the chance to see more Mongolian culture through the dancing, music, and throat singing that I showed in the video. Sorry that the sound quality is not very good. In person it was really interesting and very exciting to watch. Also at one of the celebrations our host was a famous Mongolian singer. He is part of a group called Voice Group. If you want to hear this group search “Voice of Mongolia” or “Voice Group.” This week I got to wear my suit for the first time. Here is a photo of Eric, my roommate, and I before going to one celebration.
Last Friday, I also got to start teaching my teachers in short small group meetings. I had about 2-3 teachers at a time. We worked through different English phrases and new English words. It was fun to meet with my teachers. The meetings were more personal and I could actually hear the other teachers using the English I was teaching them.
The weather is warming up here in Mongolia. Now during the day it is usually in the 50’s, but at night it does get colder. I continue to enjoy myself here, but need to continue to work on learning the language a little bit at a time.
Another thing that I am learning and enjoy learning is the role of what it means to be husband that lives how the Father wants me to. Today had my first marriage counseling and it was very interesting. You might think how can you learn that by being in Mongolia. Well I have been studying and applying my knowledge as Maggie and I are planning our wedding. I do get practice with being understanding and loving here as I strive to foster my relationship with Maggie. My hope is that I continue to be filled with the love and grace of the Father.
Also a fun fact I am celebrating today is that Maggie and I have been dating for a year. This past year has been a blessing and a wonderful time. I am also very excited that in about 4 months I will be getting married to Maggie. I have been so blessed with a wonderful fiancĂ© who will soon be my wife. I am more blessed than I can ever imagine. I celebrate in the Father’s provisions.
Also I had more Mongolian food during the celebrations, but I still need to go to a Mongolian grill.
No comments:
Post a Comment