Tuesday, March 13, 2012

French Toast


Untitled from Todd Hansen on Vimeo.

This video was the start of me making French toast and syrup. It was a fun experience to make so much French toast. I think that I probably should have not eaten it all as well. Next time I will freeze some of it and have it for breakfast later in the week. Maybe another reason for eating it all was because it was so good. Eric said so and I liked it too. Now the syrup was interesting. It smelled like maple syrup yet had a hint of black licorice flavor. Next time I may change how much I make or use it as a way to get guests to come over.

Speaking of guests Eric and I are starting to make good connections with nationals. Both of us are getting to know our teachers and spending time with them. Eric and I had one teacher over this weekend. We watched a movie and talked with the teacher. I plan to have a teacher from my school come over for dinner this week. It has been interesting and a blessing to be included in the culture and feel like we are included in life in UB.

One story about being a part of the culture is from last week when I got to participate in celebrating women’s day for the female teachers at my school. It was a great blessing and tons of fun. I got to sing a song to the women with the other male teachers. Mind you I knew none of the words or was I singing the actual words. I was pretty much singing the notes and singing some of the words. We also sang the song to the female students after the male students sang a song and did some modern dancing. Some of the male students were good singers and dancers. Also the female teacher received pizza, greeting cards, and roses during the day. For this holiday people get off of work, because it is a National holiday. Women’s Day is very similar to mother’s day in America. After school the male teachers and I went to a karaoke place and we spent some of the night there. It was very interesting spending time with the teachers outside of school. Many were much more relaxed and it was fun to talk with them on the way there. While there I heard many traditional Mongolian songs. However, there was no throat singing. I got to sing two English songs both I barely knew. One they picked for me to sing and the other I picked because it sounded familiar but it wasn’t. Despite not knowing songs it was good night and the next day I had off of school.

Some of you know that my Achilles has been hurting. I want to let you know that it has been getting better. I will probably have to continue to be careful for the rest of my time here since I know that this injury can take a while to heal. I will continue keep you all up to date on the condition of it.

Otherwise I hope you enjoyed the video and for some of you enjoyed hearing my randomness. I did that recording with one try and with no notes to help so that was why it was a little interesting or funny. If you liked let me know and I will try to continue doing video blogs.

1 comment: